Pages

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tales from 14th Street: Forgotten Oldies

"Tales from 14th Street" Is a look back at childhood days living in San Pedro California. I will share the fun and not so fun adventures of living in the hood during the 80's and early 90's. If anybody grew up in this area during that time please email or comment anytime and share your stories or thoughts.


I guess by now if you are a regular reader then you come to realize that I am very nostalgic and I have been since I was a kid. I love remembering the lost and forgotten, now don't get me wrong I am still up on game with the present and the future but why not love your own history? 


The year is around 1990 and the hood homies have been partying hard almost every weekend. If you read before, my window used to face the back of the apartments, so I was always awakened by all the noises. The funny thing is that nobody ever complained or hardly called the cops most likely because it was "todos los concidos"  which means all the people we knew. Everybody also seemed way older even though most of them where just teens. Now like before there is always those oldies that sick in your head from a certain time, even though an oldie has been an oldie forever some oldies stay stuck in time (make sense?) Dam aside weed what drugs where people doing back in 1990? lol something mellow I suppose if oldies are involved!


I think people where making-out or getting high when this song used to be on....but they always bumped it.

No comments: