Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Happy Anniversary to Us!

For my  five year wedding anniversary I decided to make an early dinner to share with the familia. I used a recipe that my comrade Ritzy P over on LA East side gave me a while back. I added a bit of my twist to it and it came out pretty yummy. I also made a pasta recipe that my mom had gave me. Check out the recipe below


Happy anniversary to us!


Ingredients: 

  • Baby Bok Choy
  • Fresh Ginger (minced) 
  • Red Pepper Flakes 
  • Fresh Garlic (minced) 
  • Sliced mushrooms
  • Ground Turkey
  • Garlic salt
  • pepper
  • Olive oil
  • soy sauce (to liking) 
  • fish sauce (1) tsp




The bok choy leaves are already trimmed off this steam I would have more prep pictures but I decided to do this post half-way though my cooking =) 

Mixture before the turkey...ginger smells so good


In a separate bowl season raw ground turkey with soy sauce, garlic salt, and pepper---set aside.
In a large skillet heat up olive oil and add garlic, ginger, mushrooms, red pepper flakes, bok choy. Saute for about 5 minutes or less until the bok choy is slightly withered. Mix in turkey and fish sauce-- you can also add half a cup of water  or more to get the mixture from drying out. Cover and keep mixing until turkey is cooked thoroughly. Add garlic salt or salt to your liking, or add more soy sauce. 

Mom's Cold Pasta

  • Cold Spaghetti 
  • Red and Green Bell Peppers sliced
  • Purple onions sliced 
  • Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing 
  • Kraft  grated Parmesan cheese
  • Italian seasoning (dry) 
  • Pasta  seasoning (dry)
  • Shredded carrots
  • olive oil tsp
  • optional: sliced red bell pepper marinated in olive oil (from jar) 
  • a few diced canned tomatoes (garlic, basil, olive oil flavor) 



Toss the spaghetti first with balsamic vinegar dressing and olive oil. Add then the cut up vegetables, mix and get a good coat on everything. Mix pasta seasoning, Parmesan cheese, and Italian seasoning in small bowl. Add as much season and mix it in as desired..enjoy





Enjoy





Love,
Dona Junta

No comments: