Pages

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tlaltenango - Mexico Flooding

Disaster struck the town of Tlaltenango Zacatecas Saturday morning around 3 am when heavy rains that fell Thursday night flooded the Jaloco River.
The water flowed into the town causing the damage
The flood left 3 dead and 23 missing

This town is part of the same area my family is from about 15 min from the town of Tepechitlan, On my last trip to Mexico I went to the town a few times, weather like this has not struck the town in over 40yrs.

My grandfather's brother lives in the town he is 83 yr old Senon Sandoval who lived alone and got around mostly in a wheelchair. We have not heard from him yet but we pray he is not one of the unfortunate.
Read more on the flood here

9 comments:

El Random Hero said...

I know you'll abuelo will be ok. It's hard not knowing what's going but I know he'll get in touch with you guys soon to let you know he's alright.

Doña Junta said...

Thanks El Random
It is actually my tio since my grandfather has passed. I never met this tio ,when we went last time we did not have time to go visit unfortunately
It's so just much harder for relatives from down there to communicate back to the states.

Anonymous said...

hola compa
my family is from atolinga
and have many family in tlatle..
im sorry for your grandfather but know he will hopefully be with family
my aunt and her family got out of there home just in time. god bless those who didnt

Anonymous said...

MY FAMILY AND I WILL PRAY FOR HIM.

Emily said...

My Grandmother, Hermilia Medina lives in Tlaltenanto, I believe she is staying with my cousin in Atolina for now. I communicate with her via snail mail, I wonder if mail service is even operable.
I pray that our families are ok. I'm planning to visit in late August.

Anonymous said...

Hola!

My parents are from Tepechi too. I heard about the floods because my Dad is actually down there right now. Its crazy to see all this going on down there. I hope everyone overcomes these hard times.

Eva

Doña Junta said...

wow it's good to hear that there is others from with family from that town, yes hopefully things are good we are going to try to find out soon my mom just has to get a hold someone who knows in our family.

vanessa3182 said...

OMG! I was so worried about my parents, they live in Rancho de Jesus Maria but I have family(cousins) in Tlaltenango, I've called and their all Okay, thank GOD! I will pray for all those who have family missing or have a loved one that passed away! May God bless all of you and your families

vanessa3182 said...

OMG! I was so worried about my parents, they live in Rancho de Jesus Maria but I have family(cousins) in Tlaltenango, I've called and their all Okay, thank GOD! I will pray for all those who have family missing or have a loved one that passed away! May God bless all of you and your families